Deadline for applications: October 6, 2017
The focus of this award is to recognize Inuit who are making strong efforts towards meaningful Inuit involvement in Arctic research. Inuit partners will recognize one recipient who has shown excellence in the area of Arctic research.
If you would like to nominate someone for this award, please include the following in your nomination package:
- Description of why you feel he/she deserves the award, including which projects they have led or participated in, for how long, and what role they played within the research project(s). Minimum 250 words, maximum 1000 words
- A short bio of the nominee that includes a statement of Inuit descent and community of origin
- Availability of nominee to attend the upcoming ArcticNet Arctic Change 2017 (December 11-15) in Quebec City
- The nominee must be 21 years or older
- Must be of Inuit descent
- They must have led or assisted with a research project
- They must be available to travel to Quebec City to attend the Arctic Change conference to accept the award.
Selection and review process
The adjudication of this award will be through ArcticNet’s Inuit Advisory Committee. Coordination of this process will be through the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami ArcticNet Coordinator.
Please send nomination packages to
[email protected], 613-238-8181 ext. 239