The Community-Based Initiatives to Improve Attendance Grants were provided in March 2015 to promote new community-based initiatives aimed at improving attendance in schools located in Inuit Nunangat. The program was made possible through an endowment from the Arctic Inspiration Prize. The following communities/organizations received $5000 one-time grants:
- Aklavik, NT: Moose Kerr School and the Aklavik Community Corporation to implement the Aklavik & Student Parent Incentive Award Program for grades 8 to 12.
- Arctic Bay, NU:Arctic Bay District Education Authority to implement an Improving School Attendance in Arctic Bay project.
- Cape Dorset, NU: Sam Pudlat School & Peter Pitseolak School to implement the Moving Up To High School Together initiative.
- Gjoa Haven, NU: Qiqirtaq Ilihakvik to assist with implementing the Return to School project.
- Igloolik, NU: Ataguttaaluk High School to implement the Parent Guardian School Engagement Program.
- Inuvik, NT: East Three Secondary School to implement the E3SS Post-Secondary Cultural Exploration Trip.
- Paulatuk, NT: Angik School to implement the Angik School Community Attendance Project.
- Naujaat, NU: (Repulse Bay) Repulse Bay District Education Authority and Tusarvik School to implement the Student-Teacher-Parent Afternoon project.
- English – Community Based Funding Application Form
- English – Community Based Grant Evaluation of Grant Program
- English – Community Based Initiatives Proposal Letter
- Inuktitut – Community Based Funding Application Form
- Inuktitut – Community Based Grant Evaluation of Grant Program
- Inuktitut – Community Based Initiatives Proposal Letter