Announcement of Upcoming Election and Call for Nominations
Election of NIYC President
The Election of the NIYC President will be held on June 4, 2019. The NIYC President will be elected by a majority vote of the members of the NIYC for a term of two (2) years. This Call for Nominations will open on April 1, 2019 and close on May 15, 2019 at 5:00PM EST.
Eligibility for the Position of NIYC President
Candidates for the position of NIYC President must be Inuk and between 18 and 30 years of age.
Nomination Process for the Position of NIYC President
There are two ways that eligible individuals may become a candidate for the position of NIYC President:
1. Eligible candidates must submit the following documents to the NIYC Elections Officer no later than 5:00PM EST on May 15, 2019:
- A cover letter outlining the candidate’s skills and experience in a leadership role, their knowledge of issues important to Inuit youth, and a description of what they would like to achieve as NIYC President;
- A completed and signed Candidate Application Form, including 10 signatures of support from other Inuit, 18 years or older;
- A passport quality photo, and;
- A recent Criminal Record Check (CRC).
2. Inuit between 18 and 30 years of age may nominate any Inuk between 18 and 30 years of age for the position of NIYC president by submitting the following documents to the NIYC Elections Officer no later than 5:00PM EST on May 15, 2019:
- A supporting letter that outlines the candidate’s experience in leadership roles, knowledge of issues important to Inuit youth, and a description of why the nominee is an ideal candidate for NIYC President
- A completed Nomination Form, with nominator and candidate signatures;
- A passport quality photo of the candidate, and;
- A recent Criminal Record Check (CRC) of the candidate.
Forms, Rules, and Contact Information
The Candidate Application Form and Nomination Form are available at www.itk.ca/NIYC, on the NIYC Facebook page, or by request from the NIYC Elections Officer. Interested individuals may contact the NIYC Elections Officer with any election related questions.
NIYC Elections Officer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 613-238-8181 ext. 252
Fax: (613) 234-1991
Mail: 75 Albert Street, Suite 1101
Ottawa, ON, K1P 5E7
Wednesday May 15, 2019 5pm EST