Under the direction of the Manager, Finance & Administration, the Finance and Travel Administrator is responsible for supporting accounts receivables and payables and coordinating all stages of ITK’s travel while providing clerical and administrative support to the team. This individual must demonstrate a strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple demands simultaneously.
- Assist with ITK credit cards reconciliation;
- Manage ITK’s travel credit card;
- Assist with processing payables;
- Responsible for processing deposits;
- Assist with Tax Receipts process;
- Manage all aspects of ITK’s travel process;
- Maintain ongoing travel calendar, in collaboration with all managers, and develop a plan for ITK’s travel needs;
- Coordinate with relevant regional organizations to assist with their travel needs in Ottawa;
- Conduct travel process orientation with new staff and update existing staff on changes to related travel processes; and
- Manage relationships and assist in negotiating agreements, with service providers (airlines, hotels etc.).
- Manage filing and correspondence for the department;
- Assist with office management tasks as needed;
- Provide administrative assistance for relevant special projects; and
- Assist in development and update of the department’s policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to handle sensitive information;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and prioritize workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment with frequent tight deadlines;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills primarily in English, Inuktitut is considered an asset;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook) and accounting software;
- Some knowledge and understanding of Inuit land claim organizations.
- One to three years of work experience coordinating and managing travel logistics;
- One to three years of work experience in an accounting position;
- Travel expense management software, online booking tools experience is considered an asset.
- A certificate or diploma in finance, accounting and/or business administration or
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance is evident.