This strategy was submitted to the Canadian federal government to ensure Inuit are involved in any Arctic strategies.
The six objectives of the strategy are:
- Dispelling Confusion and Defining a Workable Canadian Stage for Arctic Policy
- A Peaceful and Stable International Arctic, Contributing to International Cooperation/Security
- Sovereignty, Security and Civility Working Together in Canada’s Arctic
- Entrusting the Vocation of Managing the Canadian Arctic to the Peoples of the Canadian Arctic
- Sustaining and Adapting the Distinctive Linguistic and Other Cultural Attributes of the Arctic, Anchored in the Special History and Presence of Aboriginal Peoples
- Building Up Arctic Sustainable Economies that Contribute to Both Regional and National Well Being