Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Services, the Manager, Human Resources (HRM) is tasked with the strategic leadership, management and administration of Human Resources. This includes meeting the accepted professional standards for human resource management in Canada, as well as complying with relevant labour, human rights and employment legislation.
The HRM develops and implements fair, valid, job-related employment practices for all applicants and employees; promotes and encourages advancement opportunities within ITK; encourages the use of Inuit languages and incorporates as appropriate Inuit traditions, culture, beliefs and diversity in the course of carrying out day to day activities in the work place. The HRM oversees the development, updating and implementation of ITK’s human resources policies and develops corresponding procedures to guide managers and employees in understanding and operating within the framework of the human resources policies.
Note: It is a priority of ITK to have Inuit representation working within the organization and so the incumbent, if a non-Inuit beneficiary, will be mentoring an Inuk to potentially take over the role of HRM by the end of the 2 year term.
- Development and mentorship of an Inuit beneficiary into the HRM position
- Providing strategic leadership, administration, management and oversight of ITK’s Human Resources.
- Oversight of the overall recruitment and selection process.
- Implementing and administering HR policies
- Assisting in the review of HR policies and drafts new or updates existing policies as required for approval.
- Oversight of the overall training and development process
- Oversight of the overall occupational health and safety (OHS) program.
- Administering the ITK’s Compensation Program
- Providing advice and support to management in staff relations, providing guidance in human resources.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (primarily in English; Inuktitut and/or French an asset);
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Experience working with tight deadlines and project schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal communications (both with internal and external contacts) and approachable.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, independent and takes initiative
- 5-7 years’ experience in human resources.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Experience working with HR Databases (e.g. BambooHR)
- A degree or college diploma in Human Resources, or a related field, or:
- A combination of education and experience providing that the required skills and knowledge is evident.
Conditional to ITK’s Human Resources Policies, you may be eligible for:
- Group Insurance
- RRSP contributions
- Training allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Vacation – starting out at 3 weeks/year
- Xmas break (usually between Xmas and New Year)
Applicants who are a Beneficiary under a Land Claims Agreement will be given priority hiring. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in ITK; however, only those selected will be contacted.