This guide is about research relationships. It looks at ways you and your community can decide how research is done in your area, and how you can be involved. This guide will explain your legal rights when it comes to research, and suggest ways you can work with researchers to make sure your individual rights are protected and that you and your community’s concerns are respected by researchers. The guide will help you to:
- Understand what research is.
- Understand what your rights are when someone wants to involve you in research.
- Learn the rules and ethics resarchers should follow.
- Get ideas on how you can participate in and influence research.
- Work with your community to set up research contracts outlining how research should be done.