A Scan of Promising Practices in Suicide Prevention Across Inuit Nunangat: NISPS Research and Data Collection Project. Report. Ottawa, ON: Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami, 2019. 2-136.
Prepared by Firelight Research Inc.
This report presents findings from an environmental scan that was undertaken to gather information around the following six topic areas:
- Links between childhood adversity and suicide;
- Promising practices with respect to addressing child sexual abuse across Inuit Nunangat;
- Promising practices with respect to social emotional development in Inuit Nunangat;
- Promising practices with respect to safe shelters focusing on children and youth within Inuit Nunangat;
- Promising practices with respect to current supports for Inuit within the justice system with a specific focus addressing child sexual abuse; and
- Promising practices with respect to parenting and family support programs.
Read the full report here.