Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Senior Communications Advisor, Executive Training supports Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami’s overall mandate of advancing the rights and interests of Inuit. The Advisor is responsible for managing all aspects of a comprehensive, Inuit-specific cultural competency training program, including a travelling program for senior federal government executives and a classroom-based or online program for public servants and others in the federal system. Key responsibilities include collaborating with Inuit organizations and federal government departments and agencies; as well as developing, modifying and delivering training modules. The Senior Communications Advisor is a key member of ITK’s communications team and supports the team in work related to public education and better awareness of issues related to Inuit and Inuit Nunangat.
- Developing, reviewing and modifying training materials to create a robust program that is scalable to needs
- Delivering training and coordinating contract trainers as required, under supervision of the Director
- Facilitating discussions and leading conversations on Inuit priorities and realities
- Developing and implementing an evaluation system for the training program
- Coordinating logistics for the travel-based program
- Writing content for ITK publications
- Presentations about Inuit priorities and governance structure to federal government and other audiences
- Collaborating with government departments and participation in Inuit Crown Partnership Committee Working Groups as required
- Knowledge of Inuit regions, history, and political structure
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook) and videoconferencing systems (Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Ability to develop and deliver training modules
- Writing and content creation
- Well-spoken and clear communicator
- 5 years or more working with an Inuit or Indigenous organization
- Facilitating group discussions
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance is evident.
Conditional to ITK’s Human Resources Policies, you may be eligible for:
- Group Insurance
- RRSP contributions
- Training allowance
- Health and wellness allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Vacation – starting out at 3 weeks/year
- Xmas break (usually between Xmas and New Year)
Applicants who are a Beneficiary under a Land Claims Agreement will be given priority hiring. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in ITK; however, only those selected will be contacted.