Under the general direction and supervision of the Manager, the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) – Policy Advisor coordinates designated program activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions. Formulates project and activity goals and objectives and makes recommendations to the Manager. Exercises mostly independent judgement in the course of carrying out coordination activities in relation to other work across the organization.
- Prepare proposals for Departmental projects and new initiatives;
- Prepare project plans;
- Lead project working groups;
- Conduct of research, internal consultation and external consultation with Inuit organizations as required;
- Assist in the development of Department policies;
- Draft and produce business cases, reports, studies and other documents;
- Assist the Manager in liaising with National, Regional Inuit Organizations and other agencies; and,
- Establish and maintain policy and research records and systems as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Very good organization and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (primarily in English; Inuktitut is a strong asset);
- Good understanding of community needs and the traditional values in Inuit communities.
- A combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance.
- Three to five years’ work experience performing project management, or highly responsible administrative office work related to the tasks assigned to this position.
- Completion of Grade Twelve or equivalent.